Dr. E. Shaji Raj, direct disciple of Bhramashri Parabattaraka Ananganandanathan Padathirtha, chairman and chief physician at Punarjanis Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd, and Mr. Prakash Chari Chief executive officer, gave a presentation on the ancient art and science of Ayurveda as practiced in India.
This was organized on February 19, 2013 in the Board Meeting Hall, Beach Office, Sri Aurobindo Soceity, @ 9.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon.
Almost 40 people attended the presentation including the Ashram Ayurvedic doctors.
A future collaboration of SAIIIHR with Punarjanis is envisaged.
SRIAUROBINDO INSTITUTE FOR INTEGRAL HEALTH & RESEARCH
Sri Aurobindo Society, PUDUCHERRY
A presentation on “Ayurveda – - a path to enlightenment and bliss” by Dr. E. Shaji Raj, 8th Generation traditional Ayurvedic physician from Kerala, is being organized by SAIIIHR on February 19. 2013.
Dr. E. Shaji Raj, a disciple of Bhramashri Parabattaraka Ananganandanathan Padathirtha, completed his BAMS from Madras University. Hailing from a family of traditional Ayurvedic physicians, he has been doing active research in the field of healing for the past 16 years – primarily related to raising energy from the lower center of the body to the higher center. He is one among the few ayurvedic physicians around the world who practice pulse reading and panchakarma treatment. Incorporating the philosophy and the gist of Ayurveda with the root idea of Tantra and Yoga, the final result is not just cure, but a sea change – a path to enlightenment and bliss. The results have been amazing - an enlightened mind in a sound body.
The presentation elaborates on the following in the light of Ayurveda:
1. Origin of Indian Literature and comprehensive analysis on Vedas
2. Who is ultimate GOD
3. What is Human Body and relation between Gross Body and Subtle Body
4. Nine Doors of the Body
6. 3 Knots
7. 5 Sheaths of Body
8. 3 Energies of Mind
9. What is Knowledge
10. Nadis and their description
11. Seat of Prana
12. Spinal Energy Centres
14. What is Kundalini and how could it be raised
15. What is Enlightenment and how is it possible through traditional treatments
16. Impact of Spirituality in managing chronic ailments
18. Cycles of Reincarnation
19. Secrets of Birth
20. Weak spots corresponding to 12 Zodiac Signs
21. Planetary positions within the body
22. Traditional Panchakarma Treatments and its benefits
GOLD NEWS TODAY-17-08-2011
Uploaded by AJKNEWSTODAY on Aug 17, 2011
14th Aug: A seminar on Integral Health was conducted on the eve of Sri Aurobindo’s birthday by SAIIIHR – the Health Wing of Sri Aurobindo Society. The participants discussed various aspects of Health in the Light of Sri Aurobindo including Alternate systems of therapy and Consciousness based approach towards Death and illnesses. The seminar was attended by a wide range of physicians and other professionals from India and Abroad. It is hoped that the seminar is a starting point in a wider movement towards empowering persons in the Science and art of Healthy and Holistic living.
Homoeopathic Clinic & Research Centre
5513 patients were given Health Consultancy and Homoeopathic Treatment in our Homoeopathic Out Patient Department during the year (2010-2011).
“AHAR” – Application of Homeopathy in Agricultural research.
A Pilot Study is being carried out with series of experiments in the field of agriculture using homoeopathic medicines.
The idea to take up these experiments is to aid agriculture by conserving our natural resources; minimize adverse impacts of fertilizers and pesticides, and to substitute nutrients in a safe and hygienic way.
Our aim is to
- Focus not only on productivity but also on sustainability.
- Conserve our natural resources without damaging our ecological, economic, and social structure.
- Enhance our production efficiency in quantity, quality and variety.
Title of the experiment: Seed Germination
Purpose: To assess the efficacy of homoeopathic medicines in seed treatments in germination.
- Study the effect of different medicines on germination
- Measure seed germination percentage and rate
|Common name:||Green gram or Mung|
|Biological name:||Vigna radiate|
Duration: series of experiments with different medicines and potencies.
Each experiment lasting for 10 days
Hypothesis: Homeopathic medicines should improve the quality of seed germination.
The seeds are soaked in different medicated water and then the results of germination are compared to the seeds in the control group.
- The proposed activity will lead to the identification of medicines involved in seed germination, root growth and development of plant.
- Further work in this project will focus on the identification of medicines which have same effect on multiple varieties of seeds.
The Way Ahead
Preliminary studies point towards the possibility of revolutionary changes in agriculture which could have far reaching positive implications for the ecological, economic, and health sector, all over the world…….
…But there is a great need for high quality research in this area.
After this initial study, we now plan to take up a systematic study on a larger scale to establish the efficacy of Homoeopathy in agriculture on
- Quantity of yield
- Quality of yield
- Quality of soil
- Control of pests
- Treatment of plant diseases.
- Boosting the culture of organic fertilizers